What is a Market Query?
The Market Queries tool is designed to be your powerhouse reporting resource for both ad-hoc and annual compensation planning exercises. You can quickly create complex and highly-targeted queries to download data directly to Excel for all available job families in multiple talent markets at the same time. You also have the option to download data for one, or a handful, of job families if needed. Here are the steps to run a Market Query. In order for your Market Query to run you need to select jobs, data elements and have at least one breakout in your report.
How do I create a Market Query?
1. Navigate to Market Queries. From the home page, click on "Reports" then click on Market Queries.
Alternately in the Classic Radford Network you can click on the "Data" tab and select Market Queries.
2. Create the New Query. Click the “Create New +” link above Query drop-down, or select “Create New Query” at the top of the “Select a Query” drop-down list.
3. Name your new Query. Name your Query and Click Proceed
4. Select Jobs (4 options available)
- Select All Jobs
- Select Executive Jobs
- Search for jobs using the Job Tree pop-up
- Create or use a previously created Job List
If you choose Search Jobs, use the Job Tree Pop-Up to Search by keyword, legacy job code, or new job code. There are additional search options of functional area and/or category. Select job(s), click the red “Proceed” button.
Similar functionality is available for creating a Job List that can be saved. Use the Pop-Up to select your job families and save your Job List with a custom name.
5. Select Data Elements. Clients can use a pre-defined data element set (standard or private-market only). To create a custom data element set, select “Create New Set” from the drop-down. Please see the attached guide for specific steps on creating a data element set.
6. Add Breakouts. Click Add a Breakout + or Peer Group Breakout +
- Select a country
- Enter breakout name
- Select Market Filters (if needed)
7. Add Additional Breakouts. As needed, Add a Breakout + or Peer Group Breakout + link again and repeat the steps above.
8. Save and finish later or Save and Run. The final step is to “Save and Run” your Market Query. If you are unable to finish your Market Query remember to hit “Save” to save your progress.
9. Open and Download Reports. Reports will be listed under the "Downloads" tab. There all a user's reports will be listed- including what tool was used to create a specific report.