- There are six executive levels available for the executive jobs included in the Executive job module (E6, E5, E4, E3, E2, E1). The E6 level is only available for the Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer executive job. There are different levels available for each respective executive job based on relative applicability of the size and scope of the job (e.g., Level E5 is not available for all jobs).
- We do not expect the majority of clients to match the full spectrum of levels available. Smaller companies are likely to have fewer levels (and unlikely to use E2 or E4) while larger organizations likely have matches at 5 or all six levels.
- The Executive job module only has E level roles. The other job modules (Technology, Life Sciences, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, etc.) have Management (M), Professional (P), Technical/Scientific (T) and Support (S) roles – and no Executive (E) roles
- Only match roles to the E levels if the role is considered an executive in your organization. If a role is not matched to an Executive level, it should be matched to an M6 (typically a Senior or Executive Director role).
Top / Head / Job Family Only
- Top (e.g., Top Finance) - the word Top is included in an executive job title in instances where the role is the most senior level job in a function and/or job family. These roles are valid at each of the Executive Scopes of Responsibilities: Corporate, Group, and Division. A Top Finance can be aligned to Corporate (i.e., the Corporate CFO), Group (i.e., a business unit CFO) or Division.
- Head (e.g., Head of Internal Audit) – the word Head is included in an executive job title to designate that a particular job is a senior level / title based job and is typically occupied by a single incumbent. These roles are typically Heads of Areas. Like the Top roles these roles are valid at each of the Executive Scopes of Responsibility.
- Job Family Only (e.g., Internal Audit – Multi-Focus) – the job family only is represented and is intended to reflect a general executive role within that area, can be occupied by multiple incumbents. For legacy GTS and GLS participants, these roles are where Executive Level 7 and 8 roles have been mapped for 2021.
- There is a “Multi-Focus” option available for instances where an executive job does not align at least 70% to the defined job title (e.g., the Top or Head role)
- The “Multi-Focus” option should only be utilized on a limited basis
- For all “Multi-Focus” jobs, review the Internal Job Title to confirm a more specific job match is not more appropriate
- Due to the year-over-year mapping conducted from 2020 to 2021, there were a number of jobs mapped to the “Multi-Focus” attribute, we encourage you to rematch to more precise job matches where possible
- Typical titles include Vice President and above or its equivalent
- Head of business unit or functional area and member of executive team
- Participates in the executive incentive compensation plan
- Responsible for entire function or major part of function with focus on strategy and policy development
Critical Data Elements
- Executive Scope of Responsibility (Corporate, Multi-Profit or Group, Single-Profit or Division, Plant)
- Last Fiscal Year Revenue
- Geographic Responsibility (Global, Region Asia Pacific, Region EMEA, Region Latin America, Region North America, Region Other, Local)
- Reporting Layer (how many levels from the Corporate CEO the role is) Total Head Count
- Equity compensation – every executive level job should be receiving equity compensation
- All Executive jobs were mapped from the legacy surveys to the new structure. For all Head / Top job equivalents they were mapped directly where possible.
- Generally speaking, legacy Radford E7 jobs were mapped to E1 in the new structure
- Generally speaking, legacy Radford E8 jobs were mapped to E3 in the new structure
- Legacy Radford E0 jobs were mapped across the available level structure based on the size / scope of the job (E6 to E1)