Q4 Data Publication
This is our second quarterly data refresh of the newly launched Radford Global Compensation Database. Our quarterly refreshes ensure you always get our latest market data for your benchmarking needs. October's refresh reflects data for 4,800+ companies and 15 million+ incumbents covering 97 countries and 9,400+ jobs. All the standard reporting tools on the Radford Network are automatically updated with our Q4 publication data. If you have access to our peer group functionality, check below for what happens to peer groups after a quarterly data publication.
We have added 4 new data filters, which can be found by clicking on the "See Additional Filters" link at the bottom of the standard filter screen.
- Tenure: apply this filter to understand pay trends amongst the recent hires. Tenure is calculated effective as of the most recent publication. For example, if the most recent publication is October 2021, then the "<18 months" filter would select all incumbents who have a hire date within 18 months of October 2021.
- Sales Channel: this filter is applicable to certain sales jobs only, subject to participants reporting individual incumbents mapped to specific sales channels.
- Life Science Products: this filter is applicable to both clinical jobs in life sciences companies as well as sales jobs in life sciences companies, subject to participants reporting individual incumbents associated with specific products.
- Primary Sales Channel: this filter reflects the primary sales channel of a participating organization in the Radford Global Compensation Database.
Check out this how-to article on using market filters for more precise market benchmarks.
We introduced new pre-defined cross-level rollups combining data from multiple levels. The purpose of these cross-level rollups are to help provide better insights in smaller markets, or for jobs with similar responsibility across multiple levels.
Sales cross-level roll-ups (Included only in the "All Jobs" downloads in Market Queries and in Country Totals downloads)
- PA = combines levels P4 and P5 for certain sales jobs
- PB = combines levels P2, P3, P4, and P5 for certain sales jobs
- PC = combines levels P1 and P2 for certain sales jobs
Executive cross-level roll-ups (Included with all individual executive job download, as well as in "All Jobs" and "All Executive Jobs" downloads)
- EA = combines levels E3 and E4
- EB = combines levels E1 and E2
- EX = combines levels E1 through E5
Roll-up resources: We have amended our roll-up details documents to reflect the addition of these cross-level rollups. For a complete list of roll-up jobs and what they include, visit the Resource section of the Radford Network for the RGCD Roll-Up Jobs Definitions document.
Peer Group Refresh
Starting with our October 2021 data publication, users will have the option to refresh data for their already existing Peer Groups. A peer group data refresh can be initiated by users any time by clicking the red refresh icon or “Refresh All Data Available” link. If there is no active refresh symbol, that means there were not enough changes (minimum of 5 companies changed or dropped within the peer group) with the new publication for the Peer Group to be eligible for refresh.
If a user clicks the refresh link, the peer group will be submitted for additional validation checks, such as checking for similarity against other valid peer groups, or against market query breakouts. These additional validations are in place to ensure the protection of individual client data.
Once a peer group refresh request passes all the additional validations, the peer group will have a new effective date, and any market query reports run with this peer group will have refreshed data.
If a peer group refresh request does not pass all the additional validations, the original peer group remains available to users with its prior effective date. Similarly, if the user chooses not to refresh a peer group, it remains available with its prior effective date. Even if a peer group refresh isn’t available or has not passed validations, it may become eligible for another refresh attempt after a subsequent quarterly data publication.
If a peer group has not been refreshed, the original list of companies remains and no changes are made to the peer group data. When used in market query reports, such peer groups will have their original effective date displayed.
If a peer group refresh is initiated and successfully passed all the validations, any companies that are no longer in the database will be removed from the updated peer group company list. The peer group will have a new effective date, and any market query reports run with this peer group will now exclude any companies that have been removed.
Note: depending on whether peer groups used in a Market Query have been refreshed recently, your Market Query reports may contain cuts of data with different effective dates. Be sure to check the Query Summary tab for more information.
Major Breakouts: New Pre-defined Reports in Market Queries
We have added a new set of pre-defined reports to reduce setup time and make it easier for users to access industry, regional, and other major breakouts in the Radford Global Compensation Database. The eight Market Queries are:
- US Regions 1
- US Regions 2
- US Industries 1
- US Industries 2
- US Revenues
- US Headcounts
- Tier 1 Countries (Canada, China, India, Germany, UK)
- All Other Countries
The reports are aligned to client’s country and module access. These pre-defined Market Queries cannot be modified.