The following changes have been made to our job catalog based on client feedback from the 2021 RGCD job catalog:
- The number of multi-focus jobs have been reduced
Any Area that previously had only one focus will now have a Focus name that is the same as its Area name and will no longer be referred to as “Multi-Focus”. For example, the 2021 role “HR / Diversity & Inclusion / Multi-Focus”, in 2022 will be “HR / Diversity & Inclusion / Diversity & Inclusion”.
- The number of levels were reduced, where applicable
Some jobs do not use all levels within a category or role and are considered invalid. For example,
- The M1 supervisor roles manage support employees. If no Support jobs exist to be managed, then there cannot be an M1 match.
- When advanced degrees are required for professional and technical roles, such as Medical Doctor or Attorney, levels T1 and P1 are not valid.
- Some P6 level roles are not applicable, such as Paralegal and Administrative Assistant.
- Improved executive structure
The 2022 RGCD structure clarifies the executive jobs and definitions.
- Tops and Heads will be used for Corporate jobs only. Tops are used for a single incumbent responsible for an entire Function. Heads are used when one or more incumbents lead an entire Area.
- Some executive levels were also reduced where certain positions only exist at certain levels. For example, Head is always lower than Top. Therefore, most Heads do not have a match at the E5 level but Top might.
- Non-corporate jobs should be matched to the “(Area name) – Executive” role.
- Updated module and job alignments
- Project / Program Design roles have been added to Technology.
- Software Development and Software Multi-Focus have been combined.
- Some Engineering jobs previously found in the Manufacturing module were moved to the Technology module.
- A New Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) module was added, and new jobs have been added
- The integration of new surveys into RGCD has added jobs in restaurant, energy, and technology.
- Changes benefit both global and local clients.
- Other Improvements
- Some areas have been combined or renamed.
- Some focuses have been renamed.
- New in-demand jobs have been added.
- Our search functionality has been enhanced.