“Full Census” Submissions
To reflect the complete labor market and to fully meet the expectations of our participants who rely on the Radford Global Compensation Database (RGCD), all participants are expected to submit “Full Census” data.
A “Full Census” submission should include 100% of your active full-time employee population in countries where you have operations at the time the submission is completed. This includes employees that span across all the RGCD job modules including Executive, Infrastructure, Sales, and applicable industry specific job modules (e.g., Technology, Life Sciences). Part-time employees should only be submitted within the Retail job module.
In addition to the full population of employees we require all participants to provide several mandatory compensation and demographic data elements depending upon ownership type and geographic reach. Some examples of these mandatory data elements include:
- Compensation Data Elements:
- Current Annual Base Salary
- Incentives/Commission Bonus Actual Annual Payout
- Sales Compensation
- Equity Compensation for All Eligible Employees
- Demographic Data Elements:
- Valid Radford Job Code
- Date of Hire
- Location (Postal Code, City, State)
- Internal Job Title
We understand and appreciate that our participants may have specific scenarios that prevent them from reaching the 100% population such as benchmark jobs not being available within the RGCD, internal data access restrictions, geographic considerations, mergers/acquisitions, and other situations.
For those scenarios we can still consider a submission to be “Full Census” if at least 85% of the employee population is submitted for inclusion in the RGCD.
While we always encourage clients to match their employees to the most specific benchmark job codes available. We have embedded specific benchmark jobs into RGCD which are designed to capture those employees that we want to retain for Workforce Metrics but exclude from the compensation data results. These jobs can be identified in every functional area with the name “Other Area – Multi-Focus.” For those jobs that do not align to the available functions, there is an “Other Functions” available in the Infrastructure job module.
We acknowledge that it is a considerable amount of effort to participate in the Radford Global Compensation Database and sincerely appreciate each participant’s commitment to providing timely accurate, and complete submissions.
In addition to ensuring that we can continue to provide detailed industry specific coverage to other participants, there are many benefits that are realized by providing a “Full Census” submission, including, but not limited to:
- Advanced Location Analytics: Beginning in 2022, we are providing all clients that provide timely “Full Census” submissions with access to our advanced Location Analytics feature which provides users with an innovative way to compare compensation differentials and talent availability around the world.
- Additional Workforce Metrics: This Radford Network feature enables participants to analyze their employee population to comparable industries and geographies. These aggregated workforce analytics can provide insights and opportunities.
- Reduced Data Validation Timing: To ensure we maintain our industry leading quality; we review every data submission in detail leveraging both proprietary analytical tools and client knowledge. A more complete and accurate submission will reduce the amount of follow-up time and resources required to complete the submission.
If you have any questions and or require additional information, please contact us.